Terms and Conditions
ACCESS TO AND USE OF THIS WEBSITE
In accessing any part of this website, you agree:
- not to use this website in such a way that disrupts, interferes with or restricts the use of this website by other users;
- not to attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site nor to attack our site via a denial-of-service attached or a distributed denial-of-service attack;
- not to upload, display or transmit any materials through this website which are false, offensive, defamatory, threatening, obscene, unlawful or which infringe the rights of any other person anywhere in the world;
- not to reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts forming part of this website or attempt to transmit to or via this website any information that contains a virus, worm, trojan horse or other harmful or disruptive component; and
- not to change, modify, delete, interfere with or misuse data contained on this website and entered by or relating to any third party user of this website.
Material contained in this website may be downloaded, viewed and printed for personal use within your organisation provided that no trade mark, copyright or other proprietary notices contained in or appearing on such material are removed in whole or in part and our status as the authors of such material is acknowledged.
Material contained in this website may not otherwise be copied, reproduced or redistributed in whole or in part without our prior written consent. In particular it must not be reproduced or exploited for commercial gain.
All other rights are reserved and users must seek our permission before making any other use of material contained in this website.
OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We own or are licensed to use all intellectual property rights in and to this website and all technical infrastructure relating to it and material published on it.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
This website has been prepared with the aim of providing information about our products and services.
Owing to the nature of the Internet we cannot guarantee that this website or the websites to which it is linked will always be available to users. You should ensure that you have appropriate protection against viruses and other security arrangements in place whilst using the Internet. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your sue of our site or to you downloading any material posted on it, or any website linked to it.
Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information on this website was accurate at the time of publication, it is subject to variation at any time without notice and we do not give any warranty that any such information will be accurate or complete at any particular time or at all.
This website and any information or other material contained in it are made available strictly on the basis that you accept it on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. Where you rely on any information or other material contained in it, you do so entirely at your own risk and you accept that all warranties, conditions and undertakings, express or implied, whether by common law, statute, trade usage, course of dealings or otherwise in respect of this website are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. We exclude all liability whatever, to the fullest extent permitted by law, in respect of any loss or damage resulting or arising from any non-availability or use of this website or of any other website linked to it, or from reliance on the contents of this website or any material or content accessed through it.
Links from this website are provided for information and convenience only and we have no control over and cannot therefore accept responsibility or liability for the content of any linked third party website. We do not endorse any linked website.
TRANSACTIONS CONCLUDED THROUGH OUR SITE
Contracts for the supply of goods formed through our site are governed by Company Shop Limited: Terms and Conditions.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
UPLOADED MATERIAL TO OUR SITE
Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site.
OTHER LEGAL NOTICES
Company Shop Limited (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions, http://www.staffshop.co.uk and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act), the data controller is Company Shop Limited of Wentworth Way, Wentworth Industrial Estate, Tankersley, Barnsley, S75 3DH. Registration Number Z9117512.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- That you provide by filling in forms on our site http://www.staffshop.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Any information we may collect from you will only be used for our marketing purposes. We will not trade your personal information with any other parties
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using cookies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Cookies are used to:
- Estimate audience size and usage pattern.
- Store information about user preferences, and so allow customisation of sites according to the users’ individual interests.
- Speed up searches.
- Recognise users when they return to sites.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site or use a shopping cart.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Cookie Type / PurposeInformation CollectedTracks traffic sources (keyword and referrer) and navigation history.6 months
Cookie Type / Purpose
Duration of Cookie
|Google Analytics _utmz||Performance to measure/improve quality of our site||Tracks traffic sources (keyword and referrer) and navigation history.||6 months|
|Google Analytics __utma||Performance to measure/ improve quality of our site||Identifies a visitor (i.e. the computer) as a unique entity for subsequent data recorded||2 years, renewed on subsequent visits|
|Google Analytics||Performance to measure/||Collectively used to record the duration and visitor||30 minutes and session|
|__utmb and __utmc/||improve quality of our site/||spent on our site|
|Modal||Website functionality/navigation logic/||A simply true value used to control how and when the initial 'Welcome' screen should be displayed||7 days|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||Website functionality/Generic/||Unique ID pertaining to the visitor which is used to record application information to control functionality||Session|
|StaffShop_A||Website functionality/login/||Encrypted data pertaining to a visitor’s login allowing access to restricted areas of our site||Session|
|StaffShop_R||Website functionality/sser roles/||Encrypted data pertaining to a visitor’s user role which controls the type of access a visitor has to restricted areas of our site||Session|
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To notify you of promotions on goods or services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. I f you do not wish us to use your data to notify you of promotions or to provide you with information about products or services which we believe may be of interest to you please notify us by email at [email protected]
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Company Shop Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company Shop Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected] Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Conditions of Sale
- Company Shop Limited Terms and Conditions– Rules for Shopping are adhered to at all times.
- All goods purchased are done so on the strict understanding that they are for personal consumption and are not for resale.
- Forgotten passes - Should you find that you have arrived at Company Shop without your pass, you will still be allowed to shop if you can provide a current proof of ID such as a driving licence. There will be a £1 admin fee charged for entry (the £1 charge will be donated to charity).
- Please remember that the card issued to you is for your personal use only. Any person found attempting to enter one of our stores with a card that does not belong to them will be refused entry.
- The member is allowed to be accompanied by one other visitor (a guest shopper). It is the responsibility of the pass holder to ensure that the visitor is familiar with these Terms and Conditions – Rules for Shopping. The member may also be accompanied by children of up to and including the age of 16. Members that are registered disabled will also be allowed one additional adult guest.
- Any breakages or opened products must be paid for in full.
- To comply with licensing and other legislation some products are only available to those aged 18 years and over. At Company Shop Limited we have adopted a Challenge 25 Policy. Challenge 25 simply requires that every person buying an age restricted product such as alcohol, who looks under the age of 25, is challenged to produce a valid ID.
- Products are limited and as such are sold on a strict rationing basis. We will notify you at the point of sale if you have exceeded this limit. This allows stock levels to be maintained and prevents re-sale of products. Product is not necessarily representative of the packaging. All products sold in the shop are packed for Company Shop Limited irrespective of manufacturer or multiple labels.
- Samples may be sold in the shop and any products with 'special offers' or 'free offers' may be classed null and void.
- Company Shop Limited never implies that the quality or nature of products is the same as the manufacturers or multiples label as sold in normal retail outlets.
- We accept payment for all products by either Cash or Credit/Debit card. We accept payment by the following cards; Mastercard, Visa, Delta, Maestro, Switch, Solo, Electron.
- If you find the need to return a purchased product to us because it is defective or does not comply with its description, we will examine the product(s) and we will usually process the refund due to you immediately. To enable us to make a refund to you, you must provide us with proof of purchase and, where payment was processed using a credit or debit card, the card in which you made the original payment
- In the event of a complaint, may we remind you that due to the nature of the goods sold by Company Shop, customers need to direct all product complaints through Company Shop and not the retailers or manufacturers.
- It is the responsibility of the member to notify Company Shop Limited of any change in their personal details e.g. address, telephone number. Please note that Company Shop reserves the right to check your personal details with you to ensure your continued eligibility for membership.
- Members are responsible for the supervision of accompanying children at all times. Children must not stand in or ride on the sides of the shopping trolleys. They should sit in the trolley seat provided.
- Company Shop Limited reserves the right to restrict the number of visits without giving you prior notice.
- Any abusive or aggressive behaviour towards Company Shop Limited employees will not be tolerated and may lead to the cancellation of your membership.
- Company Shop Limited requests that whilst on Company Shop premises, all health and safety rules, guidance and instruction by members of staff are complied with to ensure a continued safe environment.
- Company Shop Limited reserves the right to withdraw your membership should you be found to be in breach of our Company Shop Limited Terms and Conditions – Rules for Shopping.